The 1842 Greek Revival Topping Rose House, named for original owner Judge Abraham Topping Rose, has been adapted as a luxury hospitality property with a 22-key hotel, spa, fitness center, restaurant, and event space. The design solution reflects the current time and place while acknowledging the scale, rhythm, and history of the surrounding architecture. In addition to meticulous restoration of the main house, two new contemporary structures were built: the Studio for events, and the Cottage Complex for guest rooms and amenities. Support facilities were placed below grade to maintain the scale of the original structures. Interiors are seamlessly connected to the surrounding site and western red cedar louvers layered over sliding glass doors in the new buildings provide diffuse daylighting of interior spaces along with privacy and controlled views.